1) Go to https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.action
2) Click on “Create New Account”
3) Click the box next to “I agree to the Terms of Service.”
4) Click “Next”
5) Complete all of the requested personal information.
6) Click “Next”
7) This is where it can get tricky. There will be a series of questions related to the client’s previous credit history, purchase history, and contact history. If the client is unsure of any answers, they should check the circle next to “NONE OF THE ABOVE.”
8) Click “Next”
9) The system will now send the client a security code via cell phone text message or email (client choice).
10) Click “Next”
11) The client will be asked to enter the security code that was texted/emailed.
12) Click “Submit Security Code”
13) The client will now need to create a username and password.
14) The client will pick from a list of security questions and submit answers for each.
15) Once the username, password, and security questions and answers are submitted, the completion screen should pop up (see below):
16) The client will then be able to sign in for the first time (they will always be required to agree to the terms of service).