There are advantages to working with a Field Marketing Organization that has over 4,000 agents doing business in all 50 states. One of these advantages is the ability to ensure your clients are being taken care of, even when they move to a location where your professional help is limited. Another advantage is having prospective clients referred directly to you for enrollment into a Medicare plan within your service area.
To submit a client referral, fill out the form below. Plan Advisors will introduce the referring and receiving brokers and monitor the steps taken to completion. We are here to make this transition as smooth and comfortable as possible for all parties involved.
To learn more about the roles of the referring broker and the receiving broker, scroll past the form.
You care about your clients like they are family. And sometimes they are! And when family moves, it
can be stressful for them, especially when they are seniors. When you refer your clients to a licensed
professional in your Plan Advisors network, we will:
1. Minimize client stress by helping alleviate the anxiety that comes with a permanent move.
2. Provide for an orderly transition through our established process. We facilitate a smooth client
turnover from one professional to another, handled in a professional manner.
3. Ensure compensation is rendered for trusting your client to a Plan Advisors broker. A $100
referral fee will be paid for any referred client that is serviced by a Plan Advisors broker.
Obtaining qualified leads is hard, especially outside of AEP. When you are a part of the Plan Advisors
network of licensed professionals, you are eligible to receive referrals from brokers across all 50 states.
Who doesn’t want a qualified prospective client handed to them from a licensed broker that already
maintains a relationship? You simply must do the following:
1. Communicate with the referring broker and Plan Advisors. Whatever the outcome, just let
the referring broker and Plan Advisors know what transpired.
2. Be prompt. Ensure that the prospective client is made a priority and be available within a
reasonable amount of time.
3. Provide a referral fee. Should you place the client in a MA or Med Supp plan, you will be
responsible for the $100 referral fee within 30 days of policy effective date. Brokers who do not
comply will not be considered for future referrals.